Pomegranate, as every doctor claims, is one of the juiciest and one of the healthiest fruits that everyone should eat. Besides being loaded with healthy benefits, the fruit is also very sweet to bring an instant delight to the mood. But since the fruit is somewhat hard to cut and consume, many feel like ignoring the fruit. However, here we are to talk about the process of eating this red fruit. Also, we will learn about the importance of this fruit in our life. So, without any further discussion, let us jump straight to
How To Eat A Pomegranate? Let Us Find Out The Simplest Way Possible
- Use your normal kitchen knife-
- Remove the stem which is at the top of the fruit(you may also know it as a flower).
- After that, start scoring the sides of the fruit by cutting the skin between the ridges. Make sure that you follow a top to down direction.
- Now, you might not feel the ridges too. In that case, try making six evenly spaced cuts all around the fruit.
- Make sure that you don’t go deep, it might extract the juices.
- Place your thumb at the top(over the stem) in a gentle way, pull apart the fruit in order to separate the sections.
- It is advisable to use a bowl so that you don’t waste any seed.
- Continue peeling off the whole skin to extract out the seeds.
What Is The Another Step?
- Use your regular spoon-
- Cut open the fruit from the middle.
- Place the side of the piece over to the bowl, the seed-facing section to be particular.
- Now, hit the backside with the wooden spoon you have, until all the seeds are caught in the bowl.
- You may try filling the bowl with water, to make the overall process easy.
- Now separate the seeds using a separator or strainer.
After you are done beautifully extracting all the seeds, it is time to enjoy the delicious seeds. Take your time and eat the seeds, no hurry.
Why Should One Eat Pomegranate?
- Improves the health of your heart.
- Pomegranate helps you check diabetes.
- The fruit also has the miraculous power of reducing the possibilities of cancer.
- Has numerous vitamins and minerals packed in the seeds such as Potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, and Folate.
- Further, the fruit is also a rich source of fiber.
- If you eat pomegranate religiously you increase the chance of losing weight, lowering cholesterol levels.
- This also eases out constipation.
Well, now you know how to eat a pomegranate and what are the benefits associated with the fruit. So, without any more waiting, or getting a call from the doctor, better you take the decision into your hand and start having the food regularly. This choice is great for boosting your health. And when you’re healthy you are happy therefore pomegranate it is.